Intrastate (local) relocation tips:
- Local moves are generally priced by the hour. Ask the company to estimate how long they will need to complete your move to calculate price.
- Ensure that the quote offered includes extra fees, such as fuel surcharges.
- Speak to a representative from the company to iron out details. If possible, visit the office or facilities in person.
Long distance or Interstate tips for moving house:
- Verify that your household mover is licensed and has insurance to transport of household goods.
- Request information on their dispute settlement program, which they are legally required to supply.
International moving service tips:
« How to Find and Choose Home Removalists
- Hire top-level service to have your goods professionally packed and unpacked. White-glove movers have the expertise to properly and safely pack your items, and will be liable for any damages.
- Sell, store, or donate appliances that may not work in your new country. Do the same for goods that are more expensive to move than they are to re-purchase in your destination.
- For insurance purposes, create a detailed inventory of the value of your goods.