Benefits of Truckload Freight
Is Truckload Freight the Right Option for You?
- Is your shipment around or over 10,000 lbs?
- Is there just one origin and one destination point?
- Can my shipment fill an entire truck container?
- Will I be able to load and unload the shipment or have an agent do so?
The Benefits of Truckload Freight
If you have a shipment large enough to fill an entire container and the entire shipment has the same origin and destination, shipping by TL freight is often less expensive than LTL. Truckload freight shipping offers several other benefits, including:
- Faster shipments, since they are not routed on a hub system
- Less damage, because packages are only handled at the pickup and drop off point
- Pricing per mile, which can be much less expensive than per-pound pricing
Finding a Truckload Freight Carrier
Many truckload freight carriers are independent truckers who find their loads through a freight broker. Make sure you understand how hiring a freight broker effects your shipment. There are also companies that put you in direct contact with a broker.
« Basics of Cargo Insurance How to Find a Freight Carrier »