How to Check a Horse Trailer for Transport
Checking a Horse Trailer
Any horse trailer that you use to transport your horse should be checked for safety. When your horse transporter arrives, take time to inspect their horse trailer and look for any potential problems. When checking a horse trailer, verify that:
- Trailer tires are properly inflated and that the carrier has a spare.
- Brake lights are functional.
- The hitch is connected securely.
- Windows and vents allow for enough airflow and the interior of the trailer is at a comfortable temprtature.
- All floorboards are solid and there is no rotting.
- The trailer is clean and all waste has been rinsed away.
- The door closes and locks correctly.
- The towing vehicle’s exhaust is arranged so fumes do not enter the trailer.