Car Transport Service Options
When transporting your car, you should be informed of the process to make the right decision for you. Keep reading to learn about options you may choose based on your time-frame, budget and needs.
Your service options include:
- Open car transport is the most common auto shipping option. Your car will be moved on an open trailer.
- Enclosed auto transport will move your car within a compartment, shielding it from outdoor elements. This option is the most protective, and most expensive.
- You may choose Driveaway service, where your transporter drives your car to its destination. This is the cheapest form of transport, and is ideal if you don’t mind the extra mileage on your car.
Furthermore, you have the two options for pickup and delivery of your vehicle:
- If you choose door-to-door car shipping, a driver will load and unload the car as close to your front door as possible. Keep in mind that residential areas may be hard to navigate, so you may need to meet your driver in a nearby parking lot.
- Alternately, you may choose terminal-to-terminal car shipping. In this case, your car will be combined with other shipments and moved between regional storage facilities. This option is cheaper, but may require a more flexible time frame.
uShip will help you find a trustworthy transporter that can offer the service types you want, and accommodate your budget, timeframe and needs.
How to Find the Best Car Transport Service »